E-Way Bill is an electronic-way bill for a change of goods which can be generated on the e-Way Bill Portal. Transport of goods of more than Rs 50,000 in value cannot be made by a cataloged person without an e-way bill.
Through SMS this bill can also be generated or canceled.
To the supplier, recipient, and the transporter (EBN) is allocated and is available with a unique e-way bills number.
Latest Update on e-Way Bill
1. From 16th Jan 2018 E way bill rules will be rolled out on a trial basis.
2. The e-way bills for inter-state transport will be executed in India from 1st February 2018
3. The states can prefer to follow the e-way bills system for intra-state transport anytime between 1st Feb to 1st June 2018
4. E-Way BillE-way bill rules for intra-state transport will evenly apply to all states from 1st June 2018.
When Should e-Way Bill be issued?
When goods of value more than Rs. 50,000 – at that movement E-way bills will be generated.
For this objective, a supply may be either of the following:
1. Sale – sale of goods and payment made.
2. Transfer – branch transfers for instance.
3. Barter/Exchange – where the payment is by goods rather than in money.
Therefore, e-Way Bills should be made on the common portal for all these types of movements.
Who should Generate an e-Way Bill?
States that have Notified e-Way Bill
The following states have made an e-Way bills for compulsory inter-state transport of goods:
Till 31st January 2018 e-Way Bill league on trial Basis in 25 States and 7 Union territories.
Starting from 1st February 2018, all the registered suppliers or the transporters/ recipients as the case may be belonging to these 25 States and 7 Union territories must mandatorily generate e-Way Bill for Inter-State movement of goods.
From 1st February 2018, e-Way Bills for Intra-State movement of Goods with effect have agreed to implement in 13 States.
Validity of e-Way Bill
On the bases of distance traveled by the goods, An e-way bills is valid for periods as listed below, which is. Validity is calculated from the date and time of formation of e-way bill-
|Distance||Validity of EWB|
|Less Than 100 Km||1 Day|
|For every additional 100 Kms or part thereof||additional 1 Day|
Documents or Details required to generate e-Way Bill.
More updates : https://goo.gl/eM1yj1